Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine

Exclamation Engine

I wanna talk about the engine. Lets be real, we have nobody on the progamming team. It will take forever to find someone and to do all the stuff. I have a suggestion. How bouta using a pre-made engine? take a look:

http://3dgamestudio.com/

Tell me what you think. We have to discuss this seriously, or our concepts will never grow into more than concepts.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Default Re: Engine

seems to be much easier than just waiting for the programers to (maybe) get back.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pablo404 PSN ID: pablo404

We kind of have an engine already in the form of NBKE. What we need is a good coder or two who can strip it down and modify it for WFTO.

Creating the three layers would be a good place to start imo. I can easily come up with some placeholder textures to use while the code is being written.

That 3dgamestudio engine looks ok but we still need coders no matter what we use as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    I wanna talk about the engine. Lets be real, we have nobody on the progamming team. It will take forever to find someone and to do all the stuff. I have a suggestion. How bouta using a pre-made engine? take a look:

http://3dgamestudio.com/

Tell me what you think. We have to discuss this seriously, or our concepts will never grow into more than concepts.
    it could be a "Beta" based on that until someone actually wants to customize it and make it better...

Are IKSLM and blutoniumboykeeper still around?

Wouldn't bet on it. they are probably still on vacation, or away forever

Gamer IDs

IKSLM is busy with work and other stuff now, don't forget he was just a student with loads of free time when he started working on NBKE.

Bluto is still around. Hopefully I can persuade him to join the WFTO team

The plan was/is to launch the WFTO website and use that as a portal to recruit some coders. There will be an official 'How you can help' section where we will list the talent we're currently looking for.

I still think it's the best way to go as we'll have more chance of recruiting people on a good looking, well designed website rather than on a forum. We can have a section showing all of the concept art so far which will hopefully entice people to join.

100% agreed. That's why I dont rush with opening Russian section to the public. I want it all nice and shiny. Dotted said it may take more time than we would expect, however.

Well, lets see how things work out.

Good night.

Look, I don't care what you use, just get the game finished. We have to much planning, and not enough production.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    We have to much planning, and not enough production.
    Well done for stating the obvious. It were as easy as "just get the game finished" then we'd all be playing it right now.

It's up to all of us to get the word out there about WFTO and help to recruit new talent, not just the developers. There's also nothing stopping anyone from doing research for the game such as collecting and posting medieval reference for artists/modellers (such as castles, towns, door designs, weapons, even screenshots from other games).

The story also needs fleshing out more so feel free to contribute any ideas for that.

You can also post links to game websites that have good design and layout which will help us to design the WFTO website.

The more help we get, the sooner we can get things officially underway.