Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Company / Order of Shadow

Default Shadow Company / Order of Shadow

An attempt to introduce a new faction, other than Dungeon Keepers, Heroes and neutrals.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Shadow Company / Order of Shadow
    Type: Private Army, cult, mercenary group
    Leader: Unknown
    Affiliation: Themselves, formaly those of Dungeon Keepers
    Races: Exclusively human
    Color: Black

In: Underworld & Overworld
    Founded by: Unknown
    Years Active: Unknown, are active atleast since the victory over Skybird Trill
    Territory: Various places in the Underworld, hold outposts in the Overworld recently
    Membership: Hunderds if not a few thousand members. Many rogues, warlocks and black knights are members of this organization. The latter two serving as leaders and elite warriors respectively.

Allies: Dungeon Keepers are allied from time to time, if it serves their goal
    Enemies: Heroes, Dungeon Keepers, all non-humans(this include near-humans and undead) and pretty much everyone else who don't serve or share their goal, ideology, and vision.

History:
    The Shadow Company's orgin are known to date atleast back since the fall of Skybird Trill and even then it was a pure human group existing only out of warlocks. But it’s membership than dramaticly increased and rogue nobels, knights, scoundrals and bandits could be found in it’s organization. But despite this, it could never match the numbers of those of the Heroes. So they began a reorganization and became an elitist group, giving their services to the highest bidder in the Underworld. They still have a reputation for being excellent magic users, ruthless assasins, and mighty warriors. An organization feared by many, but reverted by the Dungeon Keepers who sought out contracts with them.

It's real moment of prominence was during the invasion of the underground kingdom of Harmonia (DK2). Where it launched an invasion of it’s own... It falied miserable by poor planning and most members were captured by their arch enemies, the Heroes. Though the Shadow Company have a strict policy of refusing to work alongside any non-humans, they reluctantly throwed these ideals out of the window in order to gain the favour of the Keeper (you in DK2!). The Keeper and others had already worked alongside the Shadow Company since the early days of the invasion but from that moment the Keeper had the best warriors of the Shadow Company in his hands, and used them with great effect.

The Shadow Company served the Keeper well, they were often present in major battles in the final stages of the war, they even faced the Stone Knights who protected the Stairway to the Overworld. But as with all other minions of the Keeper, they falied to beat them, untill the arrival of the Horned Reaper.

Now, with the final blockade to the Overworld gone, the Shadow Company has decided it no longer needed the Keeper and others for it’s purpose, whatever...dark... purpose they may have...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, please voice your opinion on a constructive way, if possible.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; November 16th, 2009 at 22:03.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Shadow Company / Order of Shadow

A dark group who has stayed in the shadows while the larger enemies battled and destroyed each other, and then the key to ultimate power is most vulnerable to them, they make thier move. I like it.

But the name isn't the best. Consider changing it after we have everything else figured out.

And they don't include Fairies or Giants, right? Just because they're not truly human?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

An attempt to introduce a new faction, other than Dungeon Keepers, Heroes and neutrals.

Name: Trolls Company / Order of trolls
    Type: Private sindicate, workers union, mercenary group (yes that stays that way )
    Leader: Unknown troll
    Affiliation: Themselves, formaly those of Dungeon Keepers
    Races: Exclusively Trolls (not bile demon ,Dey tuk er jeobs)
    Color: Green (duhhhhhhh)

In: Underworld & Overworld & Middelwolrd & Worldworld
    Founded by: Unknown troll
    Years Active: Unknown, are active atleast since the victory over bile demons (Dey tuk er jeobs)
    Territory: Various places in the Underworld, hold outposts in the Overworld recently and Hooters
    Membership: Hunderds if not a few thousand Trolls. Many Troll rogues, Troll warlocks and green knights are members of this organization. The latter two serving as leaders and elite Trolls respectively.

Allies: Dungeon Keepers are allied from time to time, if it serves their goal (excep bile demon because Dey tuk er jeobs)
    Enemies: Dey tuk er jeobs

History:
    The Trolls Company's origin are known to date atleast back since the fall of fatass the bile demon and even then it was a pure troll group existing only out of troll warlocks. But it’s membership than dramaticly increased and troll rogue nobels, green knights, scoundrals (what the hell its a scountrals?)and trolls bandits could be found in it’s organization. But despite this, it could never match the numbers of those of the Heroes. So they began a reorganization and became an elitist group, giving their services to the highest bidder in the Underworld. They still have a reputation for being excellent magic blaskmith, ruthless genius, and mighty green. An organization feared by many, but reverted by the Dungeon Keepers who sought out contracts with them.(untils stupid bile demons,Dey tuk er jeobs)

It's real moment of prominence was during the invasion of the underground kingdom of Harmonia (DK2). Where it launched an invasion of it’s own... It falied miserable by poor planning and most members were captured by their arch enemies, the bile demons. Though the trolls Company have a strict policy of refusing to work alongside any non-troll, they reluctantly throwed these ideals out of the window in order to gain the favour of the Keeper (you in DK2!duhhhhh!). The Keeper and others had already worked alongside the trolls Company since the early days of the invasion but from that moment the Keeper had the best warriors of the trolls Company in his hands, and used them with great effect.

The trolls Company served the Keeper well, they were often present in major battles in the final stages of the war, they even faced the Stone Knights who protected the Stairway to the Overworld. But as with all other minions of the Keeper, they falied to beat them, untill the arrival of the Horned Reaper.(he tuk er jeobs)

Now, with the final blockade to the Overworld gone, the trolls Company has decided it no longer needed the Keeper and others for it’s purpose, whatever...green... purpose they may have...

Again, please voice your opinion on a constructive way, if possible. or made a really good joke as mine ,take me some time so please read it ,im sure you will find it funny
    and remember english is not my main languaje

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    A dark group who has stayed in the shadows while the larger enemies battled and destroyed each other, and then the key to ultimate power is most vulnerable to them, they make thier move. I like it.

But the name isn't the best. Consider changing it after we have everything else figured out.

And they don't include Fairies or Giants, right? Just because they're not truly human?
    That idea you mentioned is already old I'm afraid. The Heroes and Dungeon Keepers are actually far from being destroyed but with the chaos in the Overworld, many independent groups will seek their fortune. This is one of them.

Yea I thought of that aswel. I'l think of a new name.

They are human supremists, viewing all non-humans to be at worst, eradicated, and at best used as slaves. This also includes sub-humans like giants, dwarves, and faries. This ideology was temporary pushed aside for cooperation with the Dungeon Keepers in order to gain acces to the Overworld.

@reybag

Dammit, dey tuk er duuuuuuuuur.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    That idea you mentioned is already old I'm afraid. The Heroes and Dungeon Keepers are actually far from being destroyed but with the chaos in the Overworld, many independent groups will seek their fortune. This is one of them.
    That idea isn't too far from it but that is more or less what I was referring to.

Yea I thought of that aswel. I'l think of a new name.
    Alright, but let's focus more on the actual details of this group.

They are human supremists, viewing all non-humans to be at worst, eradicated, and at best used as slaves. This also includes sub-humans like giants, dwarves, and faries. This ideology was temporary pushed aside for cooperation with the Dungeon Keepers in order to gain acces to the Overworld.
    Exactly which humans are included? Would a DK2 style Mistress be included?

Tesonu is napping!

Exactly which humans are included? Would a DK2 style Mistress be included?
    -Black Knights
    -Warlocks
    -Rogues
    -DK2 Mistress I forgot to include aswel
    -Any other human unit that can be considered 'evil'

Download it here!

Download it here!

Oh... I thought the list was much larger.

Wizards, Barbarians, Monks, heroes in other words. Good luck finding human evils in DK3.

Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Oh... I thought the list was much larger.

Wizards, Barbarians, Monks, heroes in other words. Good luck finding human evils in DK3.
    Well, it's supposed to be an elite group. Parties of this organization are generally stronger than Hero ones but far fewer in numbers. Those ones are you've named are mostly good-neutral servants (though the barbarian can be disputed).

Download it here!

Download it here!

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I like this idea although I think you should also include heroes that shouldn't really be heroes like theives and barbarians. Maybe some of these have decided to join because they feel a greater affinity witrh them than the heroes.
    So I'm assuming this'll work in the same way as having multiple keepers on one map or keepers and heroes on one map In previous games. So They'll fight everyone else (just like you). How would you defeat them though would it be like other keepers with something similair to a dungeon heart or would it be like heroes with a specific character leading them that you have to kill or do you have to just kill all of them.
    In the campaign game it could be like a mission to take some out or you could 'use' them strategically by allowing them to attack other players before killing them yourself.

These creatures are few and elite, correct? How about we set bonus stats or something, like bonus 50% in all stats.

Tesonu is napping!